About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Hope Your Day Is On Point

 Happy Hump Day peeps,

I pulled out some older SU DSP to make my card for this week's Paper Players Challenge. Anne Marie has a great sketch for us this week and it is a good one for using patterned papers with all the layers. 

While the papers are older, the stamp set is a new one from the current SU Mini Catalog, page 66. I love that it has kind of a whimsical feel to it, and I love that it's a photopolymer set. I did order the bundle, which has a punch, not dies. I really wish SU would just do dies instead of punches. Less storage space, and every image can be cut out. I fussy cut the images instead of using the punch. Easier and faster for me. 




I think the sentiments are just as fun as the images. I ended up making my card into a birthday card by using an older SU set for the inside greeting. Ink choice colors are from the colors in the SU DSP paper. Card stock and inks are SU.

All of the dies that I used in the layering are from Gina K Designs. I used a couple of the Master Layout die sets and her single and double stitched oval die sets. 

Here is the inside. The sentiment is from the SU Watercolor Wishes stamp set.



Hope your day is a good one.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Stampin' Up sets Cactus Cuties and Watercolor Wishes
Paper: SU Bright white, Island Indigo and All Abloom DSP stack
Ink: SU Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo, Mossy Meadow, Pistachio Pudding, VersaMark
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1, 2, 9  & Single and Double Stitched Oval die sets, WOW white embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen, so glad to see your pretty card in the lineup at The Paper Players! Your pretty patterns and lovely focal point are spot on for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, Colleen! Love the pretty color combo and your mix of patterns is "on point" with those cactus Cuties. Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!