About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Birthday Cards

Hello all,

I hope that the week is going well for you. I'm enjoying some relaxing days doing some crafting and some reading. If the weather is sunny again tomorrow, I may spend a few hours at the beach. The mornings have been foggy but the afternoons have been fairly sunny, typical July weather in San Diego. 

For my post today I have two birthday cards because I have several friends with July birthdays. Truth be told, my birthday is this weekend.

My friend LeAnne, who I believe also has a birthday this month, is the hostess with a fun color challenge this week for The Paper Players.  The colors are two of the new SU "in-color" shades for 2022-2024, Parakeet Parade and Tahitian Blue. I used a SU set from last year, along with the Gina K Designs Wreath Builder system to make my card.

I stamped the smallest flower from the set in a tight circle working my out to larger circles with the larger flowers. The darker ink shades are made by building layers of ink. (I'm a little disappointed with the Tahitian Blue ink as it is really bubbly. Not sure if it's a function of the sponge ink pad or if the ink pad is just too wet.) The color is really pretty though.




The original stamped panel was 5.75 inches square. I cut it down to 5.5 by 4.25 for an A2 card and used part of the cut pieces on the inside. The inside sentiment is from Honey Bee.



The color challenge for the second card is the current Monthly Mix Challenge from the Gina K Designs blog. This month's theme is black & white with a pop of color.  I actually used black and Ivory with a pop of rainbow color.

Stamps are from the GKD Beautiful Bees stamp and die set and I made a full size SlimLine card.



This is a fairly simple card. I stamped the flower image several times randomly over a half sheet of Ivory card stock, colored the tips with Copics using rainbow colors then cut out the panel with the GKD Master Layouts 10 - SlimLine die set. The bees and sentiment are from the same stamp set.

I added another greeting from the same set with a bee on the inside.



 

Happy Hump Day tomorrow, and thanks for looking in.

Colleen


Supplies-Card 1
Stamps: In Bloom  set by Stampin' Up, Inside Birthday Greetings by Honey Bee
Paper: SU Thick Basic White
Ink: SU Tahitian Blue, Parakeet Parade, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Misti, Gina K Designs Wreath Builder set, SU In-color embellishments 

Supplies-Card 2
Stamps: Beautiful Bees, Little Garden Silhouettes, and Bitty Botanical Mini sets by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Ivory card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx & Embossing Ink, Copics, 
Other: Misti, GKD white embossing powder, heat tool, Gemini Jr, GKD Master Layouts 10, Tayfored Expressions black enamel dots, SU Dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Well, both of these cards make me happy! I love how you created your own patterned background with those bright, bold flowers and my color choices, but I also love the second one...especially the BEE! So cute! Thanks for playing with my colors this week at the paper Players! Always happy to see you in the gallery!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I love the flower patterned you used for the color challenge! So clever to create your own design! Just darling! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Colleen! I love the contrasting flowers on the first one, which makes for a lovely fresh card! Thanks for playing our challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards turned out fabulous! I love the rainbow colored flower tips and the bees! Thank you for playing in the GKD July MM challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!