About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, July 29, 2022

It's Penguining To Look A Lot Like Christmas

TGIF Peeps,

I've got a Christmas in July card for you today. This is a 4.25 x 4.25 inch square note card. All supplies are from Gina K Designs. I was playing around with the Wreath Builder System this afternoon and it didn't look too bad, so I went ahead and made a card with the panel.

After making the wreath, I decided to cut a circle in the center so that the inside of the card shows through. I went so far as to fussy cut around the greenery. All of the stamped images are from last year's Playful Penguins stamp & die set. Some of the images are colored with Copic Markers.

The new As You See It Challenge is Christmas In July, specifically our favorite craft. Mine is definitely card making.



 

The inside: 

The images are colored with Copics. I used some Nuvo enamel drops for the white areas on the Santa hat.


Thanks for looking in, and have a great weekend,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Playful Penguins set and dies from Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Cherry Red, Christmas Pine and Layering Weight White card sotck
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Slate, Christmas Pines, Grass Green, Sea Glass and Copic Markers
Other: GKD Wreath Builder System, Misti, Gemini Jr., Foam Squares, Nuvo white enamel drops, Connect glue

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable wreath, Colleen, and I laughed out loud at that sentiment! Card making is my constant fave Christmas activity, too! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Penguins are one of my favorite creatures and this little guy is sweet! That sentiment! Awesome! You did a lot of work on this card and it shows! Card making is my fav too! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, Colleen, and I'm a real punster, so I just love the sentiment! There are so many little details on your wreath that blow me away, and I love the puffy trim on the penguin's hat! Thanks for filling in the blank with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How super cute! I love the way you've made the penguin peep through the wreath, then the big reveal once you open the card. That's a great creation any time of the year. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!