About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, July 18, 2022

You're COOL

 Hi and Happy Monday,

I have a quick post with a couple of challenge cards. Both use Concord & 9th stamps and dies, and coincidentally, they are food related. (that wasn't actually planned, LOL)

First up is a card for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I'm squeaking in just before the entry closes today. I made most of this card late last night, and finished it this morning. 



This C&9th set is the Cool Treats Turnabout set. I used some bright GKD inks and card stock to make this a fun summer card that can be used for a birthday.

Here's the inside:



The second card is made for Ann's Kards for Kids challenge for The Paper Players. This week is Clean & Simple week and I made basically a one layer card with the exception of some die cuts on the front. I started by masking off a rectangle area and ink blending a rainbow. I then die cut the food images and stamped the corresponding messages. This stamp and die set from Concord & 9th is called Love You More Than. 






After die cutting the food images I used  Copics to add some shading and additional color. 

For the inside, the greeting is from the same stamp set but the kids are from a really old Hero Arts wood stamp. I think it works well for the challenge theme and for my card.


Enjoy the week, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies Card 1
Stamps and dies: Cool Treats Turnabout set from Concord & 9th
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight white, Red Hot, Key Lime, Turquoise Sea, Bubblegum Pink card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Red Hot, Key Lime, Turquoise Sea, Bubblegum Pink
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and Stitched Rectangles dies, SU Dimensionals, Connect Glue, Misti, Gemini Jr

Supplies Card 2
Stamps and dies: Love You More Than set by Concord & 9th and Hero Arts kids wooden stamp
Paper: SU Thick Basic White, Real Red, Glorious Green, So Saffron, Crumb Cake card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Red Velvet, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Blue Raspberry and Black Onyx ink, Copics
Other: Gina K Designs blending brushes, Misti, Gemini Jr, Connect glue

4 comments:

  1. Such fabulous cards! The ice blocks (as we call them here in New Zealand) look so refreshing and your colour choices are wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Colleen! I absolutely adore your cards. The blended background on the "Love You More" card is amazing. And those die cuts...cutest things EVER! The pepperoni hearts on the pizza are so sweet! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week as we celebrate our 600th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great, but my mouth is REALLY watering after looking at the second one! Your blending is fabby but the food....yum! So cute for a kid's card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such HAPPY cards Colleen! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!