About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Sending Bright Wishes

 

Hey there peeps,

Amy's sketch for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge looked both intriguing and a little challenging to me, but after thinking about it, I actually came up with a couple of cards. 

The first is a fall themed card with some bright fall colors. I made my own background by stamping the leaf randomly using rust, gold, pink and purple shades of ink, then grabbed a small polka-dot stencil and blended over the stamped leaves using a lighter gold shade.

The pumpkins are stamped in charcoal brown ink and colored using blending brushes. The flowers ae colored with Copics.

All of the Stamped and die cut images are from Stampin' Up.


 
For the second card, I used the new SSS Horizon Line stencil to stencil a cloudy background then added some bright kites. I fussy cut the sentiment and popped it up with some mini SU Dimensionals. The inks and stamped/die cut images are all Concord & 9th. For embellishments, I added some TE Rainbow circles.





Everyone of the DT cards are amazing and helped inspire me for sure. 

Thanks for checking in today,
Colleen

Supplies
Card 1:
Stamps: Hello Harvest stamp set and dies and Eclectic Garden set (sentiment)
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White, Prickly Pear and Charcoal Brown card stocks
Ink: Gina K Designs Honey Mustard, Plumb Punch, Coral Reef, Passionate Pink, Charcoal Brown and Stampin' Up Cajun Craze, Copic Markers
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 die set, Trinity Lots of Dots stencil, Blending Brushes, SSS sequins, SU Dimensionals, Misti, Gemini Jr

Card 2:
Stamps: Kite Strings stamp set and dies
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight white, Black Onyx and SU Basic White Thick, Concord & 9th Poppy and Honeysuckle card stock
Ink: Concord & 9th Aqua Sky, Poppy and Honeysuckle and Gina K Designs Black Onyx
Other: SSS Horizon Lines stencil, blending brushes, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 die set, Taylored Expressions Rainbow circles, SU mini Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. I love how you were able to use this sketch in two very different cards! They are both fabulous and I love both of the backgrounds you've created for them. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!