About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Easter Blessings

 Hello,

Today's post has my card for this week's Paper Players Challenge. This week is theme week with Joanne as our hostess. Her theme is Easter.

Since I'm still at my mom's with limited stamp sets to choose from, my Easter card has some pretty tulips instead of a bunny and eggs. This sweet little Gina K mini set is the only Easter set I have here. I brought some of the newer SU DSPs with me and I liked these pastel polka dots to go with Joanne's them. Hence, turquoise tulips.

The layout comes from this week's Sunday Stamps sketch.

After stamping the tulips, I masked them and used the GKD Sunshine stencil to add the sun rays behind, then cut the panel using a double stitched rectangle die and the black mat. The greeting is cut using a banner die from the GKD ML 2 die set and popped up with Dimensionals.






I used two other GKD sets for the inside greeting and images. The flower box and flowers are colored with colored pencils.



Enjoy your Thursday, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Spring Greetings Mini, Welcome Home and Window Additions sets by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and Black Onxy card stock, Taylored Expressions textured turquoise card stock, Stampin' Up Dandy Designs DSP
Ink: Gina K Designs Ocean Mist, Turquoise Sea, Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus, Lemon Yellow, Black Onyx cubes
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 and 2 dies, Gina K Designs Double and Single Stitched Rectangle dies, Gina K Designs Sunshine stencil, blending brush, Masking Magic, Prisma colored pencils, Misti, Big Shot, SU Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. I love the bright pop of blue that your tulips have Colleen and the sunburst stencilling behind adds a lovely Easter feel too. For someone with limited supplies, you did a great job! Thanks for playing with my Easter theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, two of my favorite things--tulips and polka dots. This shouts Spring! I love every detail! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful trio of tulips!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our sketch challenge @ Sunday Stamps!! Your take on our sketch is so pretty!! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC304

    ReplyDelete
  4. What glorious tulips - so bold and perfect with that DSP, and wonderful for Easter! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Polka dots and tulips? Yes please! What a sweet Easter card, Colleen, and with the added bonus of a pretty interior panel as well! Love those beautiful turquoise tulips! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!