About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, March 31, 2023

Thinking of You & Hello Friend

 Hello Stamping friends,

TGIF! 

While watching Opening Day Baseball last night I did some playing around with texture and made two cards. Both use this week's Freshly Made Sketches sketch. I'm quite pleased with the way these two cards turned out.

For the first card, I stamped the SSS Friendship Text background stamp using navy ink on a white panel, then cut an oval from the center. Next, I inked up one side of a We R Memory Keepers embossing folder with GKD ink cubes, spritzed it with a little water, laid the panels on the inked side of the folder keeping them as if not cut, and embossed them. I wasn't sure exactly what I'd get and was nicely surprised. 

To finish  the card I cut an oval mat from black and the SSS Leafy Tear Drop dies from white and SU Orchid Oasis card stock and layered it all together. The sentiment is pre-printed from GKD and the pearls from Trinity.




For the second card, I heat embossed the SSS Arches Background stamp with Gold EP on a white panel. I cut an oval from the panel and dry embossed that using the Spellbinders Stylized Trellis EF, inked with lavender, green and turquoise inks. Again, I spritzed the EF with a small amount of water before laying the oval in and running it through my die cutting machine.

I used the same EF on the card front and the layered top oval. The butterflies and greeting are from the SSS set called Beautiful Butterflies. The butterflies are colored with Copics and cut out with the set dies. The greeting I embossed with gold to go with the gold in the bottom oval. I finished this card with flat gold sequins.



 


Enjoy your Friday evening. You'll find me watching more BB. First our friend's high school game, and after that, I'll be in front of the TV watching my pro-BB team. 

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies - Card 1
Stamps: Friendship Text Background
Paper: Gina K Designs heavy weight white and Black Onyx card stock, SU Orchid Oasis card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs In the Navy, Red Hot, Medium Orchid, Medium Lilac, Blue Raspberry, Turquoise Sea
Other: We R Memory Keepers embossing folder, Gina K Designs pre-printed sentiments and Sentiment Strip dies, Gina K Designs Single and Double Stitched Oval dies, SSS Leafy Tear Drop die, Trinity pearls, Big Shot, Connect glue, SU mini Dimensionals

Supplies - Card 2
Stamps: Arches Background and Beautiful Butterflies set by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: SU Basic White Thick card stock and Gina K Designs Layering Weight card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Blue Lagoon, Jelly Bean Green, Wild Lilac, and Embossing Ink and Copics
Other: Gina K Designs Single and Double Stitched Oval dies, Spellbinders Stylized Trellis embossing folder, Gina K Designs Fine Detail Gold EP, heat tool, Big Shot, Connect glue, SU mini-Dimensionals, SSS gold sequins


4 comments:

  1. What a great set of cards! Love those beautiful butterflies! Both cards have such great background textures and vivid colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool way to make the embossed element pop! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love such variety from one sketch. Really wonderful! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your cards! You sing the blues so well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!