About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Wishing You Happy Birthday

 Happy Weekend Peeps,

I found Amy's sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge, well, challenging. Add to that, I have limited stamp sets as I'm still visiting my mom.

Looking through the C&9th box that I brought with me , I found this older mandala stamp set with coordinating dies and I thought maybe I could make it work. Here's what I came up with.




Using some misc card stock in rainbow shades, I stamped two of the mandala images, cut them out with their dies and layered them for the two larger circles in the sketch.  I stamped two of the greeting stamps and cut them out using the smaller of the same dies. The smallest circles are cut from another die from the set. I laid out the die cuts per the sketch on a white card base, but it looked "lonely" so I used the GKD Fizzy stencil to make more circles in the background.

Mom and I are meeting up with two of my Aunts and a few of my cousins for dinner tonight. One of my aunts turns 90 today, my mom will be 87 Tuesday, my other aunt was 84 this past Tuesday and one of my cousins will be 60 tomorrow! Should be fun to see them all.

Wishing you a fun and crafty weekend!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps and dies: Many Mandalas set by Concord & 9th
Paper: Misc colored card stock, SU Thick Basic White
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Jelly Bean Green, Turquoise Sea, Sweet Mango, and Wild Lilac
Other: Blending brushes, Big Shot, Misti, SU Dimensionals, Connect Liquid Glue

2 comments:

  1. I love the collage you've created with the sketch! The colors and cheerful and fun. I hope you had a great dinner with your family -- how awesome that you can all get together. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mandalas are so fun for the sketch. Pretty colors too! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!