About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, March 3, 2023

Happy Birthday

 Happy Friday to all,

I love Karen's simple sketch design at Freshly Made Sketches this week. It's a great design to use up some of my reams of patterned papers. I'm also using some retired SU card stock. This card base is made with Mint Melody card stock and it matches the newer Mint Macaroon shade in this new gingham DSP pretty well.

The embossing folder is from Simon and the Stamped daisy is from Gina K Designs.






 After embossing the background, I used a tiny blending brush to add white craft ink over the petals of the daisies and also yellow in the centers. (IRL, the yellow is much softer looking. In the photo, it's looks too harsh.) After gluing the strip of plaid paper down, I used some green metallic embroidery floss along the line. The daisy is colored with a light gray alcohol marker and Light and Dark Daffodil Delight SU Blends markers then popped up with Dimensionals.

For the inside, I used a greeting from the same GKD stamp set and a strip of the SU DSP.



Thanks for checking in. Now I have another "fun" task to start. Taxes!

Enjoy your Friday,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Delightful Daisies stamp set
Paper: SU Mint Melody and GKD Layering Weight White card stock, SU Country Gingham DSP
Ink: Gina K Designs White Craft, Wild Dandelion, Soft Stone, SU Daffodil Delight Blends, misc gray alcohol marker
Other: Gina K Designs Pre-Printed Birthday sentiment, GKD Sentiment Strip dies, embroidery floss, Connect Liquid glue, SU Dimensionals, Misti, Big Shot





1 comment:

  1. Adding the white ink over the daisies really makes them pop! Such a fabulous card and gorgeous colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!