About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, March 24, 2023

Welcome Spring

 TGIF peeps,

I'm finally back home after visiting my mom in Northern California for about 5 weeks. It's good to be home, but sunny SoCal has been everything but that! Finally today, our sunshine is back! I plan a walk at the beach this afternoon.

I haven't had any time in my craft room since I got back until this morning. I used some already stamped and colored images to quickly put together a card for Ann's CAS Spring theme for this week's Paper Players Challenge. I'm cutting it very close to the deadline, so I'm making this a very quick post.





The tulip image is a hot foil of the month plate from Spellbinders. I foiled it in green foil in one of my crafting sessions while visiting my mom. The border is a background stamp from Pink Fresh Studio that also has a coordinating stencil set. I made it an A2 border using Blanket Stitched dies from Pink Fresh Studio. This was also done while at my moms. Today, I colored the flowers using blending brushes and some GKD yellow and light orange inks and put that piece together with the frame. The greeting is from a GKD stamp set called Welcome Home.

I used only a greeting for the inside. No additional stamping this time around. This is from another GKD set called Filled With Sunshine.




Have a super Friday and weekend,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Dainty Plaid Background stamp with layering stencils by Pink Fresh Studio, Welcome Home and Filled With Sunshine sets by Gina K Designs
Hot Foil Plate: Tulip Border with die Glimmer of the Month by Spellbinders
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and Stampin' Up Basic White Thick card stocks
Ink: Gina K Designs Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango, Jelly Bean Green, Turquoise Sea, Ocean Mist, Black Onyx, Slate Gray
Other: Spellbinders Glimmer System, Green Foil, Waffleflower detail blending brushes, Blanket Stitched Rectangle dies from Pink Fresh Studio, Big Shot, Misti, Connect Liquid Glue, SU mini Dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. Your card is a spring delight, Colleen! This is such a "clean" floral image, and the plaid is absolutely amazing! Thank you for playing in my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Colleen. It looks like you just made it under the wire with your very pretty card! The foil green image and yellow-toned tulips are wonderful - I especially like that you chose not to color the leaves, which makes the tulips pop. Thank you for sharing them with us at The Paper Players!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!