About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, March 17, 2023

Wishing You A Happy

 TGIF Peeps,

Happy St. Patty's Day to all.

I signed up for the latest of Kristina's and Jennifer's On Line Card Classes, this one on creating with stencils. I have quite a collection of stencils by now and I love using them, and I knew that I'd learn more from these two ladies and the rest of the instructors. I've only been able to watch Day one so far and my card today is one of the techniques taught in day one.

The technique is simply turning the stencil after using it in the way it was meant to be used. This stencil is from Taylored Expressions. It creates boxes out of the lines. I used it as intended ink blending with some rainbow colors. Next I turned the stencil 45 degrees (1/4 turn) and used lighter shades of the same colors.

My eyes see something close to hexagon shapes, so that's the embellishment shapes I used for the tree circles in Judy's sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. These dies are last month's small die of the month set from Spellbinders, and they are super cute! (The black hexagons behind are Hexagon Nested Infinity dies from Hero.)



Here's the inside of my card. The birthday image is from C&9th and I added a few more Spellbinders die cut flowers.




Enjoy your evening and weekend.
Colleen

Supplies
Stencil: Topsy Turvy by Taylored Expressions
Stamps: All The Birthdays by Concord & 9th
Paper: Taylored Expressions Misc. colored card stock, Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and Black Onyx card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs ink cubes
Other: Spellbinders Floral Minis Tiles (Feb 2022 sm die of the mo), Hero Arts Hexagon Nested Infinity dies, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 dies, Gina K Designs Pre-printed sentiments strip, Gina K Designs sentiment strip dies, Gina K Designs Pearls, Blending brushes, Big Shot, Misti, Connect glue, SU Dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. Wow - I should have taken that class. I have so many stencils and I never use them. I love the technique you learned! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun and cheerful desgin! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!