About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, March 3, 2023

With Love and Prayers

 Hello,

I'm almost late getting my Paper Players Challenge card posted! Jaydee's sketch is a great one for this huge Peony stencil from Gina K Designs.




I started by cutting a 4.75 x 4.75 inch square of white card stock for the background and stenciled the leaves with GKD Dark Sage ink. On a second square, I stenciled the Peony, which is a two set layering stencil using GKD light and dark Lilac inks and Key Lime and Fresh Asparagus for the leaves. This panel is cut using the Master Layouts 3 dies. Both stenciled panels are layered with black mats. The sentiment is also from GKD and is pre-printed. I cut it out with a Sentiment Strip die.


For the inside, I used a sentiment from the GKD So Many Sentiments stamp set and a mini bloom from the GKD Pretty Posie mini stamp set.



My Aunt asked for some Birthday, Get Well and Sympathy cards, so this will go in her box.

Enjoy your Friday, and thanks for checking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: So Many Sentiments and Pretty Posie Minni sets by Gina K Designs
Stencils: Layered Peony and Lush Leaves by Gina K Designs
Paper: Layering Weight White, Black Onyx by GKD and Lilac by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Dark Sage, Light and Dark Lilac, Black Onyx, Key Lime, Fresh Asparagus by GKD, SU Blends
Other: GKD Pre-printed sentiment strip, Master Layouts 3 dies by GKD, Blending Brushes, Misti, Big Shot, GKD sentiment strip dies, Micro Disco Ball sequins, Connect Liquid Glue

4 comments:

  1. Colleen I love your stencilled layers and that bold flower is just stunning! I love the two-tone purple - it adds so much dimension. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it under the wire, Colleen, and we are truly pleased that you shared it with us at The Paper Players! What a lovely sympathy card this is!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, your ink blending is gorgeous and I love the textured layers. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I love this peony, the purple and all the dimension! You rocked our challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!