About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

day after day, year after year

 Hello peeps,

Jaydee is hostess this week for the Paper Players  with a theme challenge, animals 2 x 2. I decided to use this sweet mom deer and her fawn and make a Mother's Day card.





All of the images are from the SU set called In the Meadow. I stamped the deer in the foreground, masked them, and then stamped the rest of the images to build the scene. I colored the images with Copics.

Here is the inside. The greetings are from a couple of Gina K Designs stamp sets.



Our neighbor's rescue golden retriever completed a course so she can take him to school with her (she's a 5th grade teacher) yesterday, so I made a Congrats card for them. I think it turned out pretty darn cute. All images except the dog are from Concord & 9th. The dog image is from SU.



Finally, here are a couple of masculine birthday cards for friends who have their birthdays next week, both fronts and insides. Images are SU.






I made the background  on the following card using a SU EF and inking with multiple ink colors and spraying with a little water before adding the paper and running it through my die cutting machine. I made the wood planking using my Scor-buddy and inks.






This is my last post for a few weeks. Our friends from MA are arriving tomorrow for vacation. My craft room is also the guest bedroom, so I've moved most everything to the garage while they are here. 

Thanks for looking,
Colleen

Supplies Card 1
Stamps: In the Meadow set by Stampin' Up, On My Mind and In My Heart set and May Flowers set both by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White, Black Onyx and Warm Cocoa card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Warm Cocoa, Copic Markers
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies, foam tape, Connect liquid glue

4 comments:

  1. These are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, they are all fabulous cards. Your doe and fawn card is the perfect mother's day card. Beautifully colored, too. Have fun with your friends! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, all of your cards are delightful! I always enjoy visiting your blog. The deer card is so serene. In the Meadow was one of my favorite sets, and the card you created is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning deer card! The pair is just beautiful! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!