About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Wishing You A Very Happy Day

Happy Saturday to all!

We are headed out to watch our young friend play in his high school baseball game a little later this morning, then I have crafty plans later this afternoon while I watch my MLB team play a game broadcast from Mexico City. 

First, I wanted to get my card posted that I made for Amy's Wood Block Wednesday Challenge. This card was fun to make, and I mostly did the designing as I went along. I didn't have a "destination" for the final card, but I'm really happy with how my layout worked out, especially since I picked out a very simple stamp for the focal image.





I used more wood mounted stamps for the inside of the card, making it a birthday card. 



I used Spruce shades for the inks and card base, unfortunately, the photos make the shade appear more teal. The green and gold look nice together IRL.

Enjoy your weekend!
Colleen

Supplies
Front stamps: Leaf by DeNami Designs (1997) and greeting stamp from Hero
Inside stamps: Greeting stamp's label is unreadable and the confetti stamp is Hero
Paper: SU Soft Succulent and Basic White card stock, Gina K Designs gold card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Embossing Ink, Light, Medium, and Dark Spruce and Applemint 
Other: Taylored Expressions Burlap embossing folder, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 dies, Leaf Stencil, Blending Brushes, and Fine Detail Gold embossing powder, Big Shot, Heat tool, Water Brush for the watercoloring, Trinity Gold Pearls, Connect Glue, Foam Tape

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! I love reading that you designed along the way...it turned out fabulous. Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!