About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, April 21, 2023

Get Well Soon

 TGIF Peeps!

It's a beautiful day here in SoCal along the coast and I probably should be outside, but instead, I'm making cards. Today's post is my card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge, a fun design by Karen. This card also works for the April Monthly Mix Challenge at the Gina K Designs Stamp and Chat FaceBook page here. This month's technique is reverse stenciling. It's always fun to see the finished result.

I started by randomly blending three bright GKD inks over a white panel. Using the GKD Rose Swirl Stencil I then blended Christmas Pine ink over the entire panel. I know usually this part is done with black ink, but I knew that the dark green would set off the bright colors nicely, plus, something unexpected. I happened to really like the end result.

I used this reverse stenciled panel as the paper to stamp the flower images from the GKD Bloomin' Wild stamp set. I stamped them several times using Amalgam black ink then heat embossed with clear EP. For the centers of the flowers, I used Wild Dandelion ink direct to paper, dried it well with my heat tool, then stamped and embossed the flowers again as before. I fussy cut the centers of the yellow flowers and glued them to the first flowers.

I think the result is like the old "pop art" images and I love the final card.





I added a flower bud from the same stamp set to go with the greeting on the inside of the card.





Enjoy your day!
Colleen

Supplies
All from Gina K Designs
Stamps: Bloomin' Wild, Flowering Florals, and So Many Sentiments sets
Paper: Layering Weight White, Heavy Weight White, Black Onyx, Innocent Pink card stock
Ink: Black Amalgam, Craft White, Innocent Pink, Christmas Pine, Wild Dandelion, Passionate Pink, Tangerine Twist
Other: Bloomin' Wild dies, Master Layouts 2 dies, Lattice Embossing Folder, White and Clear embossing powder, Pastel Pearls embellishments, Connect Glue, Heat tool, Misty, Big Shot

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great technique and you've created a beautiful card with it! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!