About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

From My Craft Room to Yours

 Hi all,

Our friends have departed and yesterday my craft room was put back together. This afternoon, I got busy and made a card for this week's Paper Players challenge. LeAnne has a fun crafty theme for this month's Clean and Simple challenge.

I pulled out a long neglected Taylored Expressions Crafty background stamp, along with the matching Crafty Simple Strips stamp, and the coordinating banner die to make this card.




I started by cutting three sizes of circles in mylar to use as a stencil and then ink blended the three circles.  Next,  using some GKD Masking Magic strips in 1/2 inch width, I masked the edges of the white panel before stamping the background. It's stamped with craft black ink and heat embossed with clear EP. After embossing, I cut the panel down using a SU Stitched Rectangle die.

I used two of the sentiment strips and popped them up with thin strips of foam tape.

The inside of the card uses another of the strips glued over a stamped pair of scissors. I think this sentiment is funny and perfect for us paper crafters. The scissors are from Concord & 9th. 



Needless to say, I'm super happy to be back in my craft room. Have a great Thursday, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Art from the Heart Background stamp from Taylored Expressions, Simple Strips - Crafty from Taylored Expressions and Brutus Monroe, Crafty Turnabout from Concord  & 9th
Paper: Stampin' Up Basic White Thick and Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and Sea Glass card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Lovely Lavender, Applemint, Sea Glass, Amalgam Black
Other: Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Banner dies, Stampin' Up Stitched Rectangle dies, Spellbinders Circle dies, mylar, clear embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Big Shot, foam tape, Gina K Designs Masking Magic strips, Connect glue

4 comments:

  1. Collen this is fabulous! I love the background stamp and the circles were a clever way to add colour easily. That sentiment made me chuckle too - I need one that says that about scissors though!! Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I just LOVE this! What a fun image FULL of crafty goodies, and even the inside is appropriate! Love the way you did the subtle background too....I am going to have to try something like that! It's all wonderful and thanks so much for playing with my challenge this week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Colleen! This has to be one of the cutest stamps ever! It is absolutely perfect for this week's challenge. And the inside sentiment is a hoot. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful crafty card! I love the pop of color that you used up against the black and white! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!