About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, August 21, 2023

Happy Birthday

 Hi and Happy Monday evening peeps!

Our little beach town made it through Tropical Storm Hillary yesterday without much damage. Thankfully. We mostly had a steady rain for about 12 hours. Once the "eye" went through, we had some wind, sometimes pretty gusty, but not too bad. The sun came out for a little while mid morning today, and I headed out for a walk through the neighborhood to the ocean. I saw tons of leaves and branches in the roads, but nothing else. Unfortunately, in our east county and in the Palm Springs area, there was flooding and mud slides. 

Since there wasn't much going on yesterday, I got a few cards made. Today's post has my CAS card for this week's Paper Players challenge. I've used the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. I did rotate the sketch to the landscape orientation for my card.

To go along with this month's CAS challenge, Ann incorporated the theme of "Don't Bug Me." I used one of Gina K Designs' silhouette images for my CAS design that includes some butterflies for my bugs. To make the rectangle I used some Masking Magic and ink blended Soft Stone, Innocent Pink and Peach Bellini inks to form the rectangle. Since Gina's ink is water reactive, I spritzed the blended inks with a little water to give it a muddled background look before stamping the image with black Onyx ink. I used a pre-printed sentiment strip for the sentiment.







For the inside, I stamped an inside sentiment from another GKD stamp set and added a couple of single butterflies from the same set I used on the front of the card.





I'll share more cards from yesterday's stamping session later in the week on my blog. In the meantime, have a good week, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Soaring Mountains and So Many Sentiments sets from Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Soft Stone, Innocent Pink, Peach Bellini, Black Onyx, Copics
Other: Gina K  Designs Masking Magic Strips, Blending Brushes, Misti



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and cute! Love how you rotated the sketch, which was needed for your theme. I definitely prefer the butterfly to most any other bug, I probably would have gone that route myself. Glad to hear the Hurricane didn't hit you guys too hard, stay safe and thanks for joining us with this challenge at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous, soft blend on your card. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work on the CC&S Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely Colleen - the colours are so soft and pretty and the silhouetted meadow the perfect way to fill that sketch panel. Love the off the edge butterflies too. Thanks for playing over at CAS Colours & Sketches and The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Colleen! I love how you masked off the rectangle. The colors are gorgeous. Clean and perfect! Thank you for playing in my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! I love the inked background! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!