About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

You're Every Shade of Awesome

 Hi and happy Hump day!

I've been playing with some new stamps and dies from the Concord & 9th July release that arrived while I was visiting my mom. There are some really fun summer stamps and dies in the release and I had a hard time deciding on which I wanted to use for Claire's Summer theme challenge for this week's Paper Players.

I couldn't resist these sunglasses and their fun lenses. I paired them with the older C&9th Sunshine Turnabout stamp.




After putting everything together, I added some sparkle and shine to the glasses by brushing the light pink frames with Nuvo Aqua Shimmer glitter and covering with Crystal Effects, then finishing with two shinny pink pearls on the corners.

I left the inside fairly simple, adding greetings from the coordinating stamp set to the sunglasses die set.



Enjoy your day, and Stay Cool!
Colleen

Supplies
Concord & 9th Spectacular Shades stamp set and dies, Sunshine Turnabout stamp
Gina K Designs Layering weight white, Coral Reef, Bubblegum pink, Passionate Pink card stock
Gina K Designs Black Onyx and Passionate Pink ink, SSS Pawsitively Saturated ink in Lemonade, Sunbeam, Citrine and Mandarin
Other: Misti, Big Shot, Nuvo Aqua Shimmer glitter pen, Crystal Effects, GKD pink pearls, Connect glue, GKD Master Layouts 2, SU Dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Colleen, this is SOOO fun! I love the fabulous sun rays and the sentiment is perfect! Those big, pink sunglasses just pop! The little glitter dots are amazing and so much detail! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I can see why you were attracted to these sunglasses, they're adorable and oh, so fun! PERFECT for our summer challenge, especially in those bright neon colors! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great summer card, Colleen! Love the glitter on the glasses frames. Thank you for playing along with us this week.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collen these sunglasses are just fabulous - very Barbie-esque! They look great with the sun rays behind - so summery! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!