About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Hello & Birthday Wishes Cards

 Hi and Happy Wednesday evening,

I made these two cards yesterday and the day before for this week's Paper Players color challenge. Anne Marie put together some bright colors for this month's color challenge. They were definitely fun to play with. Both cards use lots of dies. The second card has a little more stamping on it.




This first card uses the Spellbinders Small Die of The Month and the 3D Embossing Folder of the month for August 2023. 



These dies are pretty easy to assemble. And fun! I found some DSP in the Calypso Coral to use for the dress instead of just card stock. For the skin I used Blush Blossom card stock and Kraft for the leaves.

I used a Concord and 9th Turnabout stamp for the flower background on the second card. The flower die is also C&9th, as is the cloud background. The sentiment is cut out with a very small MFT tag die.



I don't think I've used Blackberry Bliss much at all so I was happy to have a reason to use it.

Thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies Card 1
Spellbinders Die and 3D Embossing Folder of the Month 8/23, Breezy Swing die set and Stylized Floral embossing folder
SU Blackberry Bliss, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Sweet Sorbet, Blush Blossom, Basic white card stock, SU DSP, Gina K Designs Kraft card stock
Ink: Copic markers for hair
Other: Pink Fresh Studio Thoughtfully Designed Sayings Hot foil set, Big Shot, Glimmer Hot foil System, Spellbinders foil, Gina K Designs sequins, Connect Glue

Supplies Card 2
Stamps: Pick Me Up Turnabout set by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Basic White Thick and Blackberry Bliss card stock, Gina K Designs Kraft card stock
Ink: SU Blackberry Bliss, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Sweet Sorbet
Other: Concord & 9th Fresh Cut Flowers Edition 2 and Cloudy Double Card Front dies, SU Countryside Corners dies, MFT tag dies, Big Shot, SU Dimensionals, Connect glue



3 comments:

  1. Colleen, your cards are fabulous!!!!!! I love the girl in the swing! The Blackberry Bliss background is stunning! I love her plaid dress. You rocked the colors this week! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen I love both cards but I'm with Claire - the girl on the swing is amazing! So many perfect details and I love the embossed background. Way to go! Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Colleen! Love the embossed detail on the background and how the embossing really pops! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!