About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, August 17, 2023

I Love You to the Core

 Hello crafty peeps,

I hadn't used the latest Let's Stamp Together set yet and when I saw the Red and Yellow colors for the new Color Hues Challenge, I thought this Honey Bee apple suite would work perfectly.

I first cut three of the large apples from white card stock and then used the coordinating stencils and blending brushes to color them. 

For the background, I die cut a stitched panel and the mat using the Gina K Designs Master Layouts 7 die set, the one for mimi-slimline cards, from SU small gingham yellow and very large red DSP. The die cut sentiment is from the LST suite which also includes the sentiment dies.




Here is the inside of the card. All of the images are from the LST suite. The red mat here is the reverse side of paper of the red mat on the front of the card. After stamping this and looking at it, I decided this would also make a nice layout for a Clean and Simple card front. Maybe a set of cards using red, green and yellow apples. 



Enjoy your Thursday, and thanks for checking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps, stencils and image dies from the July 2023 Let's Stamp Together kit
Paper: SU Thick Basic White card stock and SU gingham DSP 
Ink: Distress Oxides, Gina K Designs Black Onyx
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 7 dies, GKD blending brushes, Misti, SU red enamel dots, SU foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Those apples are perfect for this challenge! I love the punny sentiment on the front, and your inside greeting is fabulous, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Colleen, what a fabulous design! I grew up eating red and golden Delicious apples and yours just spoke to me. Plus that yellow gingham makes the whole thing look like a summer picnic waiting to happen. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could not have been a better idea with our colors at Color Hues, Colleen! I absolutely love this card and love that you carried the theme on the inside! Thanks for playing at Color Hues and starting off the gallery so strong!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!