About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, August 18, 2023

Let's Celebrate Your Day

 Happy Friday Peeps,

I hope everyone had a good week and you are ready to enjoy your weekend. It may be an interesting one here in SoCal with our very first hurricane/tropical storm watch and warnings due to Hurricane Hillary. Predictions are for the worst to hit Sunday into Monday. Different models are predicting differing strengths. Some saying it will hit us as a Tropical Storm and others predicting it will hit us as a Cat 2 Hurricane. I'm voting for Tropical Storm!

I have a card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge where Jen M. has a fun sketch. I like the open space in the middle. Last week I received my July release order from Concord & 9th and this die and stamp set called Celebration Squad worked perfectly for Jen's sketch. This is a really fun stamp and die set with tons of options. 




I kept things fairly simple by ink blending a cloudy background using a GKD cloud stencil and blending brush. For the girls top I first stamped the tiny flowers in bright pink on a white scrap of card stock then die cut it. I outlined the sleeve edges with a bright pink Copic to help with dimension. For the rest of the die cuts, I used scraps from my bag of colored card stock pieces. The only embellishments are the pink heart added to the hair bow and I used a white gel pen to make the line and dot on the balloon.

For the inside I used a couple of sentiments from a Honey Bee birthday sentiment stamp set, which has coordinating dies too.




Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Celebration Squad stamp and die set by Concord & 9th, Inside Birthday Sentiment stamp and die set by Honey Bee
Paper: Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea, Black Onyx and Layering weight white, SU and GKD card stock scraps
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Sea Glass, Passionate Pink
Other: Gina K Designs cloud stencil and Master Layouts 1 die set, blending brush, white gel pen, paper heart embellishment, Misti, Big Shot, Connect liquid glue


1 comment:

  1. This die set does indeed work perfectly with the sketch! Such a fabulous card! I hope the storm hasn't hit too hard. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!