About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Let's Celebrate!

Hi all and Happy Wednesday evening,

Freshly Made Sketches is celebrating their 600th sketch this week. As it's one of my favorite challenges to play along with each week, I'm excited to join in the celebration.  The design team and the Guest DT has provided some beautiful cards for our inspiration and I've enjoyed seeing each card.

For my card I wanted to keep it in the "clean" spirit of the FMS challenge. I used some ink blending for the horizontal element, a fun circle die from GKD and a pretty stamped and stenciled butterfly. I kept the color scheme simple too, using various shades of green, blue and purple.

After ink blending across the top of the panel, I cut the dots circle die and the center circle die from the GKD Lots of Dots die set popping up that center circle providing a landing space for the butterfly.





I'm also posting my card to this week's Clean and Simple Paper Players Challenge.

For the inside, I used a couple of GKD mini stamp sets and made this card a birthday card.





Congratulations to the ladies who bring us such a fun challenge each week. Think of all of the beautiful inspiration they've provided over the years!

Thanks for checking in,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: All Gina K Designs You Give Me Butterflies, Flowers & Wings Mini and Birthday Cheer Mini
Paper: Gina K Designs Heavy Weight and Layering Weight White
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Apple Mint, Sea Glass, Lovely Lavender, Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea and Wild Lilac
Other: You Give Me Butterflies Layering Stencils and dies, Flowers & Wings dies, Lots of Dots dies, blending brushes, Pre-printed sentiments and Sentiment Strip dies, black enamel dots, Misti, Big Shot, Connect Glue, SU Dimensionals






7 comments:

  1. Colleen, Your card is beautiful. I love the colors you used for the butterfly and the blended background. The circles die cut outs adds to the fun, so does the inside. Great card! Thanks for taking part in The Paper Players challlenge. Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful! Love the colors and your Butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Colleen! The circle dots die makes a fun backdrop for your beautiful butterfly. I love how you finished the inside, too! Thank you for playing in my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Colleen! I just love how those gorgeous colors pop in the clean design, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Beautiful colors against the white and I love the circles! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto to all the comments; so beautiful & creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ditto to all comments; this is so beautiful & creative!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!