About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, January 28, 2022

Crafty and Proud

 TGIF Crafty Peeps,

This card started with a search of patterned papers. When I saw the elements of Jen's sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge,  I thought patterned papers would be the ticket to putting together the layers. (For some reason, I don't seem to reach for patterned papers much lately, and I have enough to keep several paper crafters in paper for years, LOL.) In my search last night, I pulled out a plastic bag of random papers from left over 6 x 6 pads. Unfortunately, because I have just stuffed pages in the bag, I have no idea of the company each is from. As I was looking through the bag, I spotted the cork looking sheet and immediately put it aside. Further leafing, I found the other two papers and that sealed my "crafty" theme. 

I used the cork paper to stamp the Concord & 9th Crafty Turnabout stamp in shades to match the other papers. The focal scissors are from the C&9th Crafty die set, as are the 3 buttons , the top greeting is cut from the patterned paper and layered onto a long retired SU tag punch. The strip greetings are from Taylored Experssions.




Maybe a little "busy," but fun none-the-less. I used more of the TE strip greetings and another cut from the patterned paper on the inside.



Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great Friday. For those of you in the path of the latest Nor 'easter coming tomorrow to the East Coast and New England, please stay safe and warm. (Even out here in Southern California, we are getting notifications about it!

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Crafty Turnabout set by Concord & 9th and Crafty Simple Strips by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Gina K Designs white layering, Kraft, Turquoise Sea & vellum, Stampin' Up Only Orange, Pink Passion, Silver & Early Expresso, stash patterned papers
Ink: GKD Charcoal Brown
Other: GKD Master Layouts 3, C&9th Crafty Turnabout dies, TE Strip dies, MFT Wonky Stitched circle die, Spellbinders Scalloped circle die, SU tag punch, kraft twine, Misti, Gemini Jr, Glossy Accents, SU Dimensionals, GKD Connect glue



3 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love those bright colors and the inside sentiments are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty and fun patterns! And I love the sentiment about using the good paper for you! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The texture on this is just spectacular. I love how you combined the paper and that turn about stamp. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!