About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, January 27, 2022

You Make My Heart Smile

 Hello,

I finished my card, or cards, for this week's Paper Players Challenge yesterday. I say cards, because a great sketch deserves more than one card and I made several using Jaydee's sketch. I'm posting two now, since they use the same papers. 



For this first card, the main panel is made with an Altenew 3-D embossing folder. I don't own this one, but my sister does and when we were both visiting our mom during the summer, we each brought stamping supplies with us. She had a few of her Altenew embossing folders, so I just grabbed some card stock and made a bunch of panels. This is one of those. I cut it down to fit the sketch and then used white craft ink over the raised areas. The top piece I made yesterday with the Honey Bee Pineapple stencil and coordinating inks.

The sentiment is from one of my Altenew stamp sets. I cut it out with the oval dies in the GKD Master Layouts 1 die set, then trimmed it to fit on my card front. I used some SU black sequins cording across the line dividing the two panels, and also added some blackberry twine above that. To make the stamens, actually the anthers, stand out, I went over them with a white gel pen.


Here is the inside of this card. Sentiment is from a mini GKD set.


I didn't want the other pieces of the panels to go to waste, so I just reversed them for the second card and I like this one just as much.


The black postage stamp die is from another GKD Master Layouts die set and the embossed greeting is from a GKD mini stamp set. The black cording is again from Stampin' Up.

Here's the inside of this card.


I'm watching the Rafa semi-final match tonight as I write this. Hoping he keeps going. I also hope you all have a great Friday! Thanks for stopping by,

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Gina K Designs sets You Get Me, Grateful Greenery Mini, Mini Blossoms & Snapdragon Build A Flower by Altenew
Paper: GKD layering weight white, Black Onyx, and Wild Wisteria card stock
Ink: GKD Wild Wisteria & Black Onyx, VersaMark, Hero Arts white craft
Other: Altenew Beautiful Bergenia 3-D embossing folder, Honey Bee Pineapple layering stencil, WOW white embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, Stampin' Up cording and twine, GKD Master Layouts 1 & 4 dies, white gel pen, GKD Connect glue, SU Dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. These are AMAZING! I wondered when I saw it in the gallery, if it was designer paper or stamped, but to see that it's EMBOSSED really kicks this up a notch! Both cards are stunning! I am not a purple user but these really stand out, Colleen! Great job! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card duo! Isn't it great to be able to quickly get two cards done?? Great use of the sketch and love that embossed panel! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!