About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy Birthday Friend

 Hello all,

It's the first Sunday of 2022 and time for the first Paper Players Challenge of the year. Ann is hostess with the monthly theme challenge, and we are challenged to use sparkly items on our projects.

Before I get to my card, I want to say congrats to the 2022 Guest Designers, Cindy, Christy and Jennie. You will have a fun year!

My card today is a shaker birthday card I made in November for a friend, but never posted. It fits the theme with metallic sequins and black rhinestones, that I used for the dots on the "i's," and I covered the die cut words with Shimmery Crystal Effects.

 



For the background, I used the Concord & 9th Weathered Wood Background stamp with gray and pool inks. 

To make the shaker, I used some recycled plastic packaging and double-sided tape. 

The stamped image is from  a Concord & 9th stamp and die set called Heartfelt Blossoms. I stamped it on watercolor paper with permanent black ink and used Zig Brush water color markers to color the flowers. The image is cut out using the corresponding set die and popped up over the shaker background with foam tape. 

The greeting is made by cutting three layers of each word and gluing them together. The top layer is cut from Kat Scrappiness shinny black card stock. Before gluing the stacked words onto the card I covered them with SU Shimmery Crystal Effects and let it dry really well before gluing the words onto the card. The word dies are from the SU Well Written die set. After the top panel was completed, I glued it to a purple note card.

Here is the inside of the card. The flower image is from the same Heartfelt stamp set and the sentiment is from a SSS set.




Enjoy your Sunday, and thanks for looking in,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Weathered Wood Background and Heartfelt Blossoms sets by Concord & 9th
Paper: Gina K Designs Lovely Lilac, Layering weight white, Tim Holtz water color paper, Kat Scrappiness shinny black card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Amalgam black, Sea Glass, Stormy Sky ink, Zig water color markers
Other: Stampin' Up Well Written dies, Shimmery Crystal Effects, Sequins, black rhinestones, Misti, Gemini Jr, foam tape, double-sided tape, Connect glue, 





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Colleen! I am sure your friend loved this card. Your coloring is perfect, and I love the colors you used. So much sparkle going on with the sequins and rhinestones. I bet the shimmery crystal effects looked amazing. Thank you for playing in my "sparkly" challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty blooms Colleen! Shakers are always so fun. Thanks for joining us at The paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, I just love all those gorgeous sequins and wonderful, jewel toned flowers. Fabulous take on our challenge. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!