About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, January 21, 2022

Enjoy Your Birthday

TGIF!

I hope everyone had a good week. I've been spending many hours at my crafting table as well as going for daily walks, on non-rainy days. Believe it or not, we had two days of rain here in SoCal early in the week, and it was a bit chilly too. Of course, nothing comparable to the South and East this week.

My card today I made for this month's GKD Monthly Mix Challenge.. Gina's challenge this month is to show the water reactivity of her inks. I used two techniques on this card. First, I smooshed ink pads onto an acrylic block, spritzed it with water and then pressed it down onto some Tim Holtz water color paper. I dried it with my heat tool, then stamped the flower image over the darker part of the ink. I used Lipstick Red, Bubblegum Pink and Innocent Pink for this part. I did another combo of Jelly Bean Green and Applemint for the leaves. 

I used a second technique on the background in the lower right of the white panel. I blended Coral Reef, Sweet Mango and Innocent Pink in the corner with blending brushes. Next I placed the Ornamental Fans Stencil over the ink and with a wet paper towel, blotted through the stencil, pulling off the color, making a lighter shade in the shape of the fans.




For the greetings, I cut the large "enjoy" die three times from black card stock, glued them together, then glued them onto vellum cut with the corresponding shadow die. The smaller greeting is from the Enjoyable Greetings stamp set and is cut with a Sentiment Strip die.

I've been playing with my Hot Foil System and having a ball. It's that WOW factor. I'll have some cards to post in the next couple of days. I made a bunch of backgrounds, now I need to turn them into cards.

Have a great weekend! Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
All Gina K Designs except Tim Holtz water color paper and the black rhinestones.
Stamp sets: Season of Peace and Enjoyable greetings
Dies: Stamp set corresponding dies, Master Layouts 2, Sentiment Strip dies, Script Enjoy and shadow dies
Paper: Innocent Pink, Black Onyx, Layering Weight White card stock, vellum
Ink: Lipstick Red, Bubblegum Pink, Innocent Pink, Sweet Mango, Coral Reef, Applemint, Jelly Bean Green
Connect glue, foam squares, GKD blending brushes, Misti, Gemini Jr

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!