About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Rainbows

 Hello peeps,

Today I have two cards to share. Both are made using the same stamp set and die bundle, and patterned papers, all from Stampin' Up. Each uses a different sketch from weekly blog-land challenges.

Here are the two together.



This first card uses the current Sunday Stamps Sketch Challenge.  The stamp set is a recent release from SU called Rainbow of Happiness and the pattern papers are from the current Sale-a-bration promotion, which are made to coordinate with this stamp set. There are several dies in the die set that coordinates with this stamp set. Here, I used the little cloud die, cut from holographic card stock, popped up in the middle of the rainbow. It's super sparkly!




Here's the inside of this card. I used the medium rainbow die to cut the rainbow arches.


 Card two uses this week's As You See It Challenge, which is also a sketch this week. Same stamp set with other dies from the bundle, and same patterned paper pack.




I cut both dies on the front 6 times each, 4 times with colored card stock and twice with the white so I could layer and inlay the rainbow arches. The 3 little black hearts are also from SU. They come as white and I colored them black with the 100 Copic Marker.

Here is the inside of this card.



I think I'm going to send this second card to my new grand nephew, Brady. He's six weeks old now and this looks like a sweet baby card for his room.

Have a super Sunday afternoon and evening, and thanks for looking.
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Rainbow of Happiness by Stampin' Up
Dies: Rainbow of Happiness Bundle, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 & 2
Paper: SU White, Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, Only Orange, Granny Apple Green, Magenta Madness, Kat Scrappiness Holographic cs
Ink: GKD Black Onyx, SU Misty Moonlight, Magenta Madness, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party, Grapefruit Grove
Other: SU enamel hearts, SU Dimensionals, GKD Connect Glue

6 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful, Colleen and show off the versatility of the set - such different looks! I like the way you've got one paper blending into the other along the diagonal. As always, a fabulous job. Thanks for starting the year off with us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Colleen - so nice to see different styles with this suite! Love your paper choices, and great color choices - I haven't used that little rainbow tag die yet - you've inspired me! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, how did I not notice that your OTHER card is for us at SSC?? So perfect! And check out that super sparkly cloud - amazing! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, both cards are wonderful using that cute set. I really love the first one with all the bright and pretty colors, it does indeed radiate happiness! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely rainbow cards Colleen that really show the versatility of this set. Love the showcase of patterned papers too! Therainbows really pop off the pool party patterns on the second one. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm entranced with how you used that little rainbow arc die for the elements of our challenge, Colleen! So clever! I didn't initially decide to get this suite, but you are making a serious case for its purchase! And that DSP is perfect for a baby card! (The other card is only reinforcing the impression you are making with the diagonal one!) Thanks for creating on the diagonal with us at As You See It Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!