About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, January 24, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day

 Hello and Happy New Week,

I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. I know some of you had some extremely cold temps, so hopefully you used that excuse to get in some crafting time. It was very nice here, weather wise. Warm in the mid-day, so I got in walks both days, and then some crafting time. We had dinner both Friday and Saturday nights with friends and played Five Crowns, a fun card game.

I have my card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge, and I used the color them from the new Retro Rubber Challenge. It's a fun 50's color theme of pastels.

To make the background, I used ink cubes to smoosh ink onto a GKD heart stencil. I spritzed it with water and then turned it over onto a white card stock panel and made sure to press it down really good. After lifting the stencil, I dried the panel with my heat tool, then used blending brushes to blend the same three ink colors over the entire card. This is one of Gina K's 5 minute techniques. You can find it on her YouTube channel. She calls it a Bokeh technique, although she uses a stencil with circles. I think my heart stencil didn't have large enough openings to really see the water reactivity, but it's still an interesting look, so I used it.




The stamps are older sets from Lawn Fawn. The conversation hearts are colored with Copics in the Retro Rubber challenge colors. The Scalloped Square die is from MFT.

Here is the inside of the card.  This sentiment is from Taylored Expressions.



I'm waiting for the temps to get a little warmer here this morning, then I'll head out to the beach for a walk. My phone APP says it's only 49 degrees currently, so I'm waiting. It's bright and sunny thought! I hope you have a good day, and thanks for looking.

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: How You Bean and Conversation Hearts Add-On sets and dies from LawnFawn and Love & Hugs stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Paper: GKD Layering Weight white and Bubblegum pink card stocks
Ink: GKD Black Onyx, Bubblegum Pink, Innocent Pink and Red Hot, Copic Markers
Other: GKD Master Layouts 1 dies, My Favorite Things Scalloped Square Die, GKD Heart Stencil and blending brushes, Misti, Gemini Jr, Pink Baker's Twine, 



7 comments:

  1. OK, how perfect are conversation hearts for our colors? Great idea, Colleen! Loved reading about your technique for the background, and I'll take a jar of those pretty candies anytime! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather totally stole what I was going to say! This image is perfect for our challenge! I love the background and am going to have to try this technique! Lovely card! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable!! Thank you for sharing at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background and a super-cute Valentine card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, love your background and love the design of your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this set by LF, perfect for a Valentine's Day card. Wonderful way to use the colours and I love the inlaid frame. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. No pun intended, I LOVE this, Colleen! Perfect way to use those older sets and pastel colors! So pretty! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!