About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Happy Birthday

 Hello,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. 

Yesterday I had a very fun afternoon playing with the latest technique from Jennifer McGuire that she calls Stencil Ink Press. I made a bunch of panels, some with single stencils and a few with layering stencils. They all turned out well and really didn't take long to make.

I'm using one of the panels for my card for the current Sunday Stamps Challenge called Cool Winter Love, a color challenge.




This stencil is the SSS Painted Flowers Wreath. I followed Jennifer's instructions of making a hinge between the paper and the stencil, then used a brayer to ink up the stencil. I used GKD Soft Stone light gray ink. After inking, I put it in my Big Shot with the embossing mat and plate and cranked it through. I only used one layer of ink for the background as I wanted to keep it pretty light. I made sure that it was completely dry, then placed the stencil back over the panel and used blending brushes to color the flowers and leaves, using red and pink shades for the flowers and a darker gray for the leaves. The die cut sentiment is also from SSS. I cut the happy birthday dies twice each and layered them. After gluing them to the shadow dies, I added a very liberal coating of Nuvo clear glitter, then some glossy accents. For added embellishments, I added some silver enamel dots.

Here is the inside of this card. Sentiment and image are GKD.






Thanks for checking in and have a good week,
Colleen

Supplies
Stencils: Painted Flower Wreath from Simon Says Stamp
Stamps: Enjoyable Greetings & Take Care sets by Gina K Designs 
Paper: SU Thick White, GKD Dusty Rose, Stormy Sky, Cherry Red
Ink: GKD Cherry Red, Dusty Rose, Soft Stone, Stormy Sky
Other: SSS Happy Birthday dies, blending brushes, Big Shot, Misti, Silver enamel dots, Nuvo clear glitter pen, Glossy Accents, SU Dimensionals, Connect liquid glue


3 comments:

  1. Wow, Colleen, this is stunning! I so appreciate hearing how you achieved this amazing coloring, too - that background is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Jennifer's video and I absolutely love your result using her technique, Colleen! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun (and cool) inking and masking technique. It just pops off the page! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks color challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!