About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Warm Winter Wishes

 Happy Saturday,

I'm last minute posting for the current Silver & White challenge at the Color Hues Challenge. We went out for dinner with good friends last night and got home fairly early. I was looking through challenges and found the Color Hues, and thought I could do something  fairly quick with heat embossing. I ended up making two cards. One with a winter theme and the other with a summer theme.

The backgrounds of both are done with stencils. I used a sponge applicator to push VersaMark ink through the stencils, then heat embossed with silver EP. The first card is made with an Erin Lee Sun stencil and I cut a Hero Arts Sunflower from silver card stock for the center. The second card is made with a Simon Says Stamp Snowflake stencil. It's inked once, then turned 90 degrees and inked again. The sentiment is from the Gina K Designs Winter Wreath builder stamp set, stamped with VersaMark on black card stock and heat embossed with silver EP then cut out with the GKD double stitched circle die. I cut a silver mat with the corresponding single stitched circle die. I added a few sequins and silver gems to both cards for added sparkle.




Here are both cards with their inside greetings:








Thanks for looking in and have a good day,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: 
Hero Arts Color Layering Fall set with dies, Gina K Designs Winter Wreath Builder set
Stencils: Erin Lee Sun and Simon Says Stamp Rustic Snowflake 
Ink: VersaMark and Gina K Designs Black Amalgam
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight and Heavy Weight white and Black Onyx card stock, Stampin' Up Silver card stock
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 & 2 die sets, Stitched and Double Stitched circle dies,  Gina K Designs Fine Detail Silver Embossing Powder, heat tool, Gemini Jr., Misti, SU Dimensionals, blending brushes and Ranger Sponge ink applicators, Trinity Silver gems and Simon Says Stamp silver sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!