About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, January 14, 2023

"Aloha" For Amy's Woodblock Wednesday Challenge

 Hi peeps and happy Saturday,

I've been following Amy's blog and her Woodblock Wednesday posts for a while. I didn't realize that Woodblock Wednesday was a challenge until this week, so here I am. I rarely pull out wood mounted stamps to make cards these days, but this challenge will change that. Such a great idea, Amy!

I still have many wood mounted stamps in my stash. They are all older single stamps and from several companies, many not around any longer. Some of my favorites in my collection of wood mounted stamps are several that I picked up in Hawaii in the late 90's and early 2000's. Hawaii was part of my work territory and I usually planned my work trips between weekends to have a little R & R in the islands. (Having relatives to stay with helped with that.) I soon found a few stamp and paper crafting stores in Honolulu, and many of my stamps came from a small "Made In Hawaii" store in Kailua.

Here's my card using several of the stamps from the Made In Hawaii store.



I believe this is technique is called Retiform, or grid technique. It's pretty simple.I used post-it notes to mask off sections, used a blending brush for the blue  ink, in this case, Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea, then stamped an image in Black Onyx ink before moving to a new section. Once the stamping was completed, I cut the panel down and cut a mat using the GKD ML 1 dies.

For the inside, I used a wood mounted sentiment and leaf stamps from the same Hawaiian collection. These are stamped with the Black Onyx ink and colored in with Copics.



Here are a couple of pics of some of my Hawaiian stamps, with one showing the manufacturer's label on the end. 






I hope you all have a relaxing and crafty weekend. Thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Wood mounted Hawaiian stamps from Honolulu
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight white and Black Onyx card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea and Black Onyx ink pads, Copic markers
Other: Post-It Notes for masking, blending brush, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 dies, 

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I'm so happy you found Woodblock Wednesday. Oh my word, I ADORE your choice of stamps and your card is amazing! Thanks for joining in the fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!