About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Hello Friend

 Hello from rainy southern California!

We should expect rain most of this week, apparently. Rain is a good thing here, so it's something to be happy for. If nothing else, more crafty time!

Since this is a new month, Gina K. has a new Monthly Mix Challenge up. This month's technique is colored pencil resist. It's a fun coloring technique where the wax in the colored pencil resists the dye ink laid over the top.

On my card today I used both white and gold colored pencils to color the inside of the flowers before blending the rainbow over the panel.




Steps to make this card: I cut the white panel with the Master Layouts 2 stitched die then placed a 1/2 inch wide strip of Masking Magic across the bottom third of the panel. This is to prevent stamped images and the ink blending from the area I planed for the sentiment. After stamping the flowers using Black Onyx ink, I colored the inside petals with a white colored pencil and the centers with a gold colored pencil. Next, I blended the rainbow diagonally from the upper corner to the lower. 

I removed the masking magic and stamped the sentiment. It's from the same stamp set as the flower images.

The panel is matted using black card stock cut with the layering die from ML2. I used a piece of patterned paper from GKD's collection under the main panel, tilting both for a little added interest. I cut two thin strips of black and used Connect glue to add them to the top and bottom of the white sentiment area. Finally, I added some GKD black pearls for embellishment.

This is a fun technique and I encourage you to give it a try. Thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies
All from Gina K Designs:
Stamps: Stained Glass Flowers set
Paper: Black Onyx, Layering Weight White card stocks and Watercolor Floral Patterned Paper pack
Ink: BlackOnyx, Lipstick, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Blue Lagoon, Wild Wisteria
Dies: Master Layouts 2
Pearl Mix Embellishments, Connect Glue
Other: Misti, Big Shot, GKD Blending Brushes
Polychromos Colored Pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!