About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Oh Happy Day!

 Hello peeps,

It's another very wet day here in SoCal, but not as much rain down here as in the northern part of the state. My mom lives pretty far up in Northern Calif and she told me they've had several inches so far. No snow in her town as it's at a lower elevation.

This weekend I'm "hanging out" (not babysitting) with my young friends at their house, only a few miles from mine, while their parents spend the weekend in Chicago.The boys are twelve and sixteen. I've know their parents before there were kids, so I've been around these two since they arrived. We will have some fun, I'm sure. The sixteen year old is my baseball buddy. He is the star varsity catcher for his high school team and their first game for the season is this Saturday.

Today, I have a card for the first Freshly Made Sketches challenge for 2023. I like Amy's sketch a lot. I ordered some things from the SU Jan Mini catalog during the Demo pre-order and I've used some of the DSP on my card. The flower stamps however, are very old. I couldn't begin to remember the last time I used this set, but I do like them with this DSP. The greeting is from the new catalog as well.

Speaking of DSP and patterned papers, I have way more than I'll ever use, yet I still buy more! It's just so pretty! My crafting resolution is to use more of it on my cards. Even though I have all this beautiful paper, I seem to make my own backgrounds with inking techniques. My other resolution is to pull out my older stamps and give them some lovin', like here.





Pretty much all supplies on this card are from Stampin' Up, with the exception that I used Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 to cut the DSP panels and their mats. 

Have a nice Friday, and weekend and thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Mixed Bunch set (long retired) and Playing In the Rain set (sentiment) both Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Sweet Sorbet, Basic White,  and Thick Basic White card stock, Regency Park 6 x 6 DSP, and Country Gingham 6 x 6 DSP
Ink: SU Sweet Sorbet, Night of Navy, Shaded Spruce and Mango Melody
Other: SU Mixed Bunch coordinating flower punch, SU 1" circle punch, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies, SU stitched flag die, SU gold and blue Milky dots, Misti, Big Shot, SU dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!