About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Thinking Of You

 Hello,

And another weekend comes to a close. I hope everyone had a relaxing one. Mine was low key. Dinner with friends Friday evening, some sewing yesterday to make a throw-pillow cover and some stamping today.

I had not yet made a card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge, and time is running out, so I spent this afternoon making this card. 

The background panel and the paper the images are stamped on I made some time ago using various stencils, my gel press and an ink removal technique. I made a bunch of panels one day and these are two of them. The printed card base is a piece of pink pre-printed card stock from GKD.




For the inside, I used a smaller butterfly and a sentiment from another SSS set.



My aunt is recovering from a fall where she cracked some vertebra in her upper back and she's been in severe pain, so I'm hoping this card helps to cheer her up. I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

Enjoy your Monday, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies with dies, and XL Greetings sets by Simon Says Stamp
Stencils: SSS Painted Flowers Wreath, SU Striped Mask, Trinity Stamps Lots of Dots 
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight and Heavy Weight white, Black Onyx, Pink Patterned card stock, GKD Vellum
Ink: Distress Oxide inks in various pink shades, GKD Black Onyx
Other: Misti, Gel Press, brayer, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 and Stitched Circle dies, SSS Sentimental Label Dies Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Rose Gold Jewels, Big Shot Switch, GKD Connect Glue, SU Dimensionals


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design, Colleen! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card inside and out! Love all the pink and those sweet butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butterfly against your beautiful background! Such a pretty card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!