About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Just Because

 Happy Crafty Wednesday Peeps,

I've decided that I really like using these stitching dies that are becoming more popular on the card making scene lately, although I don't have many of them in my collection. (that will soon change because I've decided to sign up for the Stitching Die of the Month club at Spellbinders.) 

For now, I have a few from Concord & 9th, although they are mostly fall and holiday themed. The only other set I have is from Spellbinders, and I received it by way of the Let's Stamp Together membership at Scrapbook and Cards.com. It is the September 2022 set. Each of these Let's Stamp Together packages include dies, stencils and stamps, and I believe they come every other month, so six for a yearly subscription.

My card fits with two challenges around blog-land this week. The current Just Us Girls Challenge is a color challenge of light blue, dark blue, white, and neutrals as needed, and the current Sunday Stamps Challenge is a sketch.




The background paper and the long strip element paper is new from SU called Textured Shimmer paper. This color is Balmy Blue. It's very pretty and IRL it sparkles and shines. The smaller background panel is made using the stencil from the Let's Stamp Together kit and Balmy Blue ink. This panel and it's mat are cut using the GKD ML 2 dies. The stem and leaves die is cut twice with GKD Kraft card stock and glued together for dimension. The flowers are cut from SU Midnight Muse card stock and stitched with white embroidery floss. I used 4 strands. After gluing everything in place, I used some SU shimmery kraft colored enamel dots for the centers of the flowers. The sentiment is part of the coordinating stamp set and it's stamped with SU Midnight Muse ink.

Here's the inside of the card. Stamps are all from the same set as the sentiment.



Have a great day, and thanks for checking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Sweet Stitching Bundle with stamp set, stencil and dies from Spellbinders / Let's Stamp Together 09/2022.
Paper: SU Basic White, Balmy Blue and Midnight Muse card stock, Gina K Designs Kraft card stock
Ink: SU Balmy Blue, Midnight Muse and Gina K Designs Kraft
Other: Misti, Big Shot Switch, white embroidery floss & needle, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies, SU Dimensionals, Gina K Designs Connect glue, SU enamel dots, GKD blending brush

4 comments:

  1. I love stitching on cards and yours has just the right amount for both the labor of making it and how it looks on the card!!! Great card with our colors!!! I'm so glad you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on our sketch...those blues are sure to bring a smile!! So glad you got to play along and celebrate with us for our 300th celebratory sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!
    -Deb Horst, DT #SSC300

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Colleen, love this - the stitching dies have been catching my eye a lot lately, too! Gorgeous colors, and great take on our sketch - beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, Colleen! The sentiments inside and out are wonderful and I love your stitched flowers. I haven't jumped on the stitching bandwagon yet, but am definitely inspired by all the pretty cards like yours. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    Stef, DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!