About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Playing In The Rain

 Hello peeps,

I was inspired by the weather today when I sat down to make my card for this week's Paper Player's Challenge.  If you've watched any news, you know California is getting tons of rain. I'm in the southern part (San Diego area) so no flooding here. I check on my mom every day since she's in the northern part of the state where they are really getting slammed.

It's theme week and Ann's theme is "Tag Your It." I decided to pop these cute critters up on some tags cut from the Rain Or Shine DSP. The images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic Markers. I cut them out using the set dies and used dimensionals to pop them up. This is a full size slimline card.




For embellishments, I added some SU Baker's twine to the tops of the tags with the critters and a bow that has sparkly thread running through the material to the sentiment tag. For added sparkle I used a Nuvo shimmer pen over the puddle and on the tortoise's shell. The enamel rain drops are from my stash by Kaiser Crafts.

Here's the inside:

After stamping the sentiment I punched it, and a mat from Flirty Flamingo card stock, out with the SU large oval punch.



On both the front and the inside, the slimline stitched panel and the mat are cut with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 10 dies.

Have a great Tuesday afternoon and evening, and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Playing In the Rain set with dies from Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Basic White Thick and Flirty Flamingo card stock, Rain or Shite DSP
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers
Other: Ginal K Designs Master Layouts 10 dies, My Favorite Things Tag dies, SU Large Oval Punch,
Misti, Big Shot Switch, SU Dimensionals, Nuvo shimmer pen, SU Bakers' Twine, ribbon, Kaiser Craft enamel rain drops


3 comments:

  1. Super cute, Colleen! These little critters are adorable on their tags. This raindrop paper is awesome. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tags! What a fun card and use of texture! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful you are not having floods. I have been watching! Oh my, so much devastation from the rains. I love your card. It is so perfect for ATL, too. SO much rain and very little sun. Thanks for the smile and joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!