About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Wishing You A HAPPY Birthday

 Hello,

Hope all is well with you. The rain has finally stopped, for a day or two. The prediction is for more on Thursday. I've been watching (recording) the opening rounds of the Australian Open tennis matches this week, and the 1st round Andy Murray match did not disappoint! After tennis was done, I worked on a few cards for challenges. This post has my card for this week's Paper Players Challenge. Claire is hostess this week with the monthly color challenge. Her chosen colors are perfect for flowers, which I did, but not in the usual way.




I began by blending the SU inks on a white card panel, then placed it in my Misti stamping tool with an image from the Gina K Designs Summer Silhouettes stamp set. Instead of stamping with ink, I did an ink removal technique by spritzing the stamp with water, and then "stamping." This technique only works on water reactive ink, usually water based inks. The more times the image is spritzed and stamped, the more ink is removed. The trick is not to use too much water. After I was satisfied with the ink removal, I stamped the butterflies with the dark Orchid Oasis ink above the flowers.

The sentiment strip is made from three small stamps. I won't tell you how many times I stamped them to get them lined up exactly evenly. I stamped the sentiment in both Orchid Oasis and Black, and I decided I liked it in black best.

Here's the inside. This birthday sentiment is from Honey Bee, the branches from the same GKD set.



Thanks and enjoy your week,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Gina K Designs Summer Silhouettes set and Honey Bee Inside Birthday Sentiments set
Paper: Stampin' Up Basic White and Orchid Oasis card stock
Ink: Stampin' Up Orchid Oasis, Highland Heather, and Parakeet Party inks, Gina K Designs Black Onyx ink
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies, Misti, Big Shot, Tim Holtz Spray bottle with water, Gina K Designs Connect glue

 

3 comments:

  1. Colleen, this is fabulous! I love the ink reversal technique you used. It is so pretty with the silhouette whited out like that. These sentiments are amazing! Your rocked my color challenge this week at The Paper Players!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card! The ink blending is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful blending job, Colleen! What I LOVE is that the inside is just as gorgeous as the outside. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!